April 6, 2006
What I want to be someday…
Hi journal! I’m back!
Today I’m going to tell you about my dreams/ ambitions. I’m going to list them:
1. Scientist- my dad asked me one time, “what type of scientist do you want to be?” I said I wanted to be a chemist. Then he asked, “why do you want to be a chemist?” I pondered on this question. I told him because it’s very interesting. It seemed that he wasn’t satisfied with my answer. Gee, even I don’t know why I want to be a chemist now [6 years later I’m still asking myself what I want to do in life. This question makes my life so exciting. :)]. Whenever I ask myself, I just say, “because I want to be one.” Now it seems that I’m going to be an engineer instead of a chemist. But anyway, an engineer is still a scientist! [of course now I know that an engineer is not a scientist! hehe. And who would have thought that I would be studying how to be both a scientist and an engineer (I’m studying Materials Science & Engineering)]
2. Pilot- now here’s another high ambition. I’m still thinking about it. Five years from now, after I graduate college, let’s see if I’ll enter aviation school. Watch out world! I’m gonna be a pilot someday! I’m gonna fly that plane! Yeah! (gee, that’s what I call affirmation!) [haha, and I can’t even drive a car properly today!]
3. Archery & Ice Skating- These are the two sports that I’m most interested in. I’ll learn them. You’ll see! [These two are still close to my heart. :)]
4. Bookstore- I’m going to establish my own National Bookstore or Powerbooks or Fullybooked. I’m going to name it Bookworm’s Place. Maybe I’ll do this when I know how to run a business already. When I’m ready. [Oh my, oh my! I remember making calling cards for Bookworm’s Place as well as a rough list of books that I want in my store. I still have this bookstore dream until now, but during my stay in the temple I came up with another name (Pahina atbp. Bookshop) and I’ve sold a couple of books already! It’s not selling fast, but I’m still selling especially when I need money. haha. Oh, and I also have calling cards for Pahina atbp. Bookshop as well. And a logo too! :P]
5. NASA- I told myself before “If I’m not working at NASA, I’m building my own NASA here in the Philippines!” Now, I can see that it’s absolutely easier said than done. It’s a very high ambition again. But as they say, “Don’t put limits to yourself” Whew! We’ll see… [I think I took the saying, “dream BIG!” quite seriously back in 2006. :D]
6. Hamster- I want to take care of a hamster. nyahaha!!! I’m buying one- soon! I’m going to name it “hamster”. nyahahaha!! nice, huh?
The only problem is that the cage is sooo expensive. I still don’t know about the food, though. [I never bought a hamster. haha.]
Well journal, my eyes are getting tired. I’ll continue this some other time.
[I wonder what’s with all the emoticon? lol]
Current Mood: peaceful